Photo: Tim Whitby/Getty Images
More than a decade ago, the whole world was shaken by the news of the unfortunate death of one of the most important music stars of all time, the singer Michael Jacksonwho broke record by being the most awarded artist in history.
The so-called ‘King of Pop’ began his artistic career in the mid-1960s with his brothers in the musical group The Jackson 5, where he remained for more than a decade.
By the 1980s, Michael Jackson was already a dominant figure in the music industry, hits like “Beat It”, “Billie Jean” and “Thriller”from their 1982 album Thriller, not only got the audience dancing, they also were credited with breaking down racial barriers.
It was precisely with this record material that the famous broke the record for the best-selling album of all timewith sales estimated at more than 65 million copies around the world.
In addition to this, Michael Jackson is one of the few artists who have entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, without neglecting his 13 Grammy Awards, including the award for the ‘Grammy Legend’ category and ‘Grammy for artistic career’.
This successful career came to an abrupt end on the morning of June 25, 2009when the singer was the victim of a cardiorespiratory arrest in his rented mansion in Holmby Hills.
However, the legacy of the famous is more alive than ever, not only through his music, but also through the teachings he shared. Here we share some of his most outstanding phrases!
1. “I believe that humans have the ability to fly. The problem is that we don’t know how to conceive the right thoughts that will allow us to levitate.”
2. “My music aims to unite all races so that we all live as a family.”
3. “This is the moment. This is all you have.”
4. “No matter what you do or how well you mean, there will always be an idiot who will try to bring you down.”
5. “Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.”
6. “I feel guilty if I sit still when I know I might be doing something.”
7. “The love of money is the root of all evil.”
8. “Everything starts with forgiveness, because to heal the world, we first have to heal ourselves.”
9. “Make love your weapon to defeat any evil.”
10. “I just want to live forever.”
It may interest you:
• Michael Jackson: 12 years after the death of the king of pop
• Michael Jackson was a very strict father, according to his daughter Paris
• Disney prevented Michael Jackson from participating in the soundtrack of the film “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”