Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty Images
New York remains the pizza capital of the country, according to a new ranking of America’s 50 Best Pizza Places by Italian experts.
The Big Apple is home to nine of the 50 best pizzerias in the countryaccording to 50 Top Pizza, a pizza review site in Paestum, Italy, not far from Naples.
Winning First Place: A Pizza Napoletana, located on the Lower East Side of New York City. Eight other pizzerias in Brooklyn and Manhattan earned spots in the top 50.
Portland and San Francisco each have five pizzerias on the list. No. 2 pizzeria Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco, which had been named first on last year’s list of America’s 50 Best Pizzas, fell one spot. However, owner Tony Gemignani was named America’s Best Pizza Maker this year.
How America’s Best Pizzas Are Ranked
50 Top Pizza says it has more than 1,000 anonymous inspectors around the world who help with its rankings, the first of which was issued in 2018. Pizzerias are rated on the quality of the pizza dough and topping ingredients, the site says. Customer service is also considered, as are the wine and beverage lists.
New York City earned 11 spots on the Top 50 Pizza list of America’s best pizzerias last year.
After earning the No. 2 spot on last year’s list for his previous spot in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, which closed in September 2021, Anthony Mangieri landed the No. 1 spot for Una Pizza Napoletana, opening March 2022. his first pizzeria, also called Una Pizza Napoletana, in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey, in 1996.
The top 15 pizzerias in America on the Top 50 Pizza list will also be included in the organization’s Top 100 Pizza Places in the World, to be announced on September 7.
Top Pizza’s 50 Best American Pizza Places
- A Napoletana Pizza – New York
- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana – San Francisco
- Ribalta New York – New York
- Razza Pizza Artigianale – Jersey City, New Jersey
- 0′ Munaciello – Miami
- Spacca Napoli Pizzeria – Chicago
- Song’E Napule – New York
- Pizzeria La Leggenda – Miami
- Pizzana – Los Angeles
- Keste Fulton – New York
- Ken’s Artisanal Pizza – Portland, Oregon
- Pizzeria Bianco – Fénix
- Jay’s Artisan Pizzeria – Kenmore, New York
- Ops – New York
- Doppio Zero – San Francisco
- Lovely’s Fifty Fifty – Portland, Oregon
- Partenope Ristorante – Dallas
- Scholls Pizza – Portland, Oregon
- Flour House – San Luis Obispo, California
- Forcella – New York
- Mozza Pizzeria – Los Angeles
- Roberta’s – New York
- Beddia Pizzeria – Philadelphia
- Mission Pizza Napoleon – Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hell Napoletana Pizzeria – Darnestown, Maryland
- A16 – San Francisco
- San Matteo – Pizzeria and Cuisine – New York
- Brick Fire Tavern – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Del Popolo–San Francisco
- Pasquale Jones – New York
- Forno Rosso–Chicago
- Il Forno – San Antonio, Texas
- Pasquale’s Pizzeria – South Kingstown, Rhode Island
- Estancia 87 – Miami
- Artisan Charcoal Pizza – Louisville, Kentucky
- Flour + Water Pizzeria – San Francisco
- Robert’s Pizza and Dough Company – Chicago
- Knob – Scottsdale, Arizona
- Buffalo Due – Austin, Texas
- Nostrana–Portland, Oregon
- Basil & Barley Napoletana Pizzeria – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Angelina’s Napoletana Pizzeria – Irvine, California
- Scottie’s Pizzeria – Portland, Oregon
- RiNo Cart Driver – Denver
- Bricco Coal Fired Pizza – Haddon Township, New Jersey
- Roostica Wood-Fired Pizzeria – Key West, Florida
- Diavola – Indianapolis
- Spark Pizza – Redmond, Washington
- Pizza Factory – Tampa, Florida
- Craft 64 – Scottsdale, Arizona
· New York pizzeria is named the best in the entire United States
KFC is giving away “Finger Sporks” to get back to finger licking
How much Americans eat on average each year