Photo: Ground Picture/Shutterstock
A man from the city of Fayetteville, North Carolina, he got his family to give him luck and ended up winning a $150,000 Powerball prize.
The player, named Trevor Stewart, 56, said the winning numbers were selected by his family. “This is incredible. I asked family members to pick the numbers, and that’s what I played. I’ve been playing with them for years.”
Stewart purchased the $3 Power Play ticket on the state lottery website.as reported on Fox 8.
With Power Play you can multiply the amount of the prize you win.
The winning ticket matched the numbers on four white balls and the Powerball to win $50,000 in Wednesday’s Powerball drawing. The prize tripled to $150K when the 3X Power Play multiplier hit.
Stewart claimed her prize Monday at lottery headquarters. After required federal and state tax withholdings, a total of $106,516 was taken..
“I was pretty excited. I had to call my wife to let her know,” she said.
He said he plans to pay some bills and will put the rest of the money in the bank.
Powerball drawings air at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
You may also like:
– Virginia woman took her husband to a doctor’s appointment, bought a scratch-off lottery ticket while waiting and won $300K
– A woman from South Carolina accompanied a friend to buy a lottery ticket, she also took one and won $ 300 thousand
– Lottery player from Idaho went to collect a $1,000 prize, but the lottery offices told him that he had actually won $100,000
– Texas man thought he won $20,000 in the lottery, but the prize was actually $20 million
– North Carolina man felt the urge to play the lottery and ended up with a $1 million dollar prize
–A single store in Massachusetts sold six lottery tickets worth $100,000 each