When it comes to the house dog, everyone wants to give it the best food, because a healthy diet helps dogs have a better quality of life, get sick less and have firmer stools. Therefore, if you want to know all the information about the best croquettes for dogs according to Profecohere we provide you with the details.
As we have mentioned in other informative notes from AmericanPost.Newsremember that it is important that the dog croquettes you buy have the necessary ingredients so that your pet has a good nutrition and digestion.
The Federal Consumer Protection Office conducted a study of 41 food products for adult dogs, which were divided into categories: Food type AE (worst quality), Croquettes of good quality type AP.
What are the 10 best dog kibble brands?
Specialized foods based on scientific studies. They are croquettes with formulas that cover the nutritional requirements of different breeds. They contain functional ingredients (some are even approved for human consumption), vitamins and minerals.
Although the price per kilo exceeds 100 pesos, they have a better performance per portion, and provide the dog with better digestive performance, giving its feces less odor and volume.
- Gal Ultimate Nutrition (large breed puppies)
- Eukanuba Puppy Small
- Royal Canin Junior
- Gal Ultimate Nutrition (medium breed puppies)
- Hill’s Science Diet (Dry Dog Food, Large Breed)
- Gal Ultimate Nutrition (small breed puppies)
- Eukanuba Puppy Large
- Hill’s Science Diet (Small Bites
- Purina Pro-Plan
- Hill’s Science Diet (Dry Puppy Food)
- Royal Canin Junior (Small Breeds)
Best croquettes for puppies according to Profeco
When you go to the store or the supermarket you can be confused by the wide variety of dog kibble that you have available.
If you want to know which ones are better and how many ingredients they have, Profeco recommends you review the nutritional content.
Dog croquettes must contain:
- Protein. It is an essential ingredient because it is in charge of cells and tissues.
- Fat. Ingredient for your dog to have energy to carry out its activities and metabolic processes.
- Some may contain fish or vegetable oils.
Study of croquettes for puppies according to PROFECO
Feeding your puppy is very important since its physical and mental development will depend on the food you give it. After thousands of requests, Profeco decided to carry out a study of 35 varieties of croquettes for puppies, taking into account the veracity of his information, for example:
- Pathogens in food
- Minimum requirements
- Cost per kg.
Profeco did not include all the existing brands in the Mexican market, (we do not know why) however it took into account the most popular in the market
The brands in this group are:
- CanPro: It says it’s made from chicken, but it’s actually made from chicken meal. It says it contains powdered cow’s milk but it actually contains milk formula.
- Pampered: It claims to be the best food at the best price, it claims to use vitamins, essential fatty acids and to be a balanced food, but none of this has been proven.
- Nativity Scenes Max: Among the legends that “NOT” were verified stand out: Biotechnology and optimum digestion, better use of nutrients, firm stools and rich in lactobacilli, as we already said, none of them could be verified.
- Chedaui Puppies: It claims to have dehydrated meat that provides adequate nutrition but in reality it is not meat but meat meal, it claims to contain dehydrated milk and a meat-based formula but due to the content of these ingredients they are not the basis of the formula.
- OI’ ROY Dog Food: It claims to have the best nutrition thanks to its optimal combination of cereals, but this information could not be verified in the diet of this brand.
- Soriana: Apparently, and according to PROFECO, everything that the brand reports complies with, that is, it does not lie to you but it does not nourish your puppy either, if you decide to feed your pet with these croquettes it is your responsibility.
- Dibaq: It has the legend “Naturally the best” But PROFECO cannot verify that it was so, also it does not meet the protein requirements and the minimum fat content.
- Disney: It says it contains “Meat” in its diet, but what it really contains is meat meal.
- Fidus Puppy: He claims to contain beets in his diet but it really doesn’t, he also says that your pet will have perfect digestion when he won’t, so he is considered an exaggerated legend.
The group of Type AP Croquettes are characterized by meeting the minimum requirements that are demanded in a diet, they are usually specialized croquette brands.
In other words, they cover specific needs according to each pet, they usually also add additional benefits such as good taste, good digestion, silky hair, healthy skin, they usually have better quality ingredients, therefore the reabsorption of nutrients is greater and consequently there is better stool consistency (hard stools and minimal odor).
Most of these brands usually make their diets based on scientific studies that substantiate their nutritional properties.
The brands in this group are:
- Nupec Super Premium: It has information that PROFECO did not verify with its studies, therefore they lie to their consumers, they show legends such as: Food biosecurity, satisfied and long-lived dog, from our kitchen to your plate, among others. In our experience, a brand that is not as expensive and provides many more benefits than the brands of the AB and AE groups.
- Bayer Mira: Presents exaggerated legends on its label such as: Strong muscles and no excess fat, Perfect balance between protein and fat, perfect balance between calcium and phosphorus, however, it does not present pathogens and meets the minimum requirements demanded by the standard. We have not experimented with the brand so we will not comment on it.
- Purina Beneful: Exaggerated legend, it was the way in which PROFECO described the information presented by Beneful and I don’t blame them because they really did it, this is what said brand of croquettes presents to consumers: “You have never seen a food for your puppy Just as good as Beneful kibble is that Beneful healthy puppy kibble contains soft meat.” Well, if they exaggerated and that is why PROFECO has criticized them in that way, however, it meets the minimum nutritional requirements and is free of pathogens.
- Perfect Fit: The information presented by this brand of croquettes is true, meets the minimum necessary requirements and is free of pathogens. People have given good reviews of the brand.
- Premium Winner: The legend that they present on their label was not verified by PROFECO, Premium Winner says that their diet has a maximum assimilation of nutrients, however it is not true (According to the study), it is free of pathogens and meets the nutritional requirements minima.
What can be given to a dog instead of croquettes?
We try to keep our pets on their dog-appropriate diets, but sometimes we just can’t resist giving them a human treat. If you want to reward your pet with a snack, be sure to choose foods that are safe for canine stomachs.
Here are some “dog-approved” human foods:
- 1. Peanut butter. A favorite treat of many canines. Not only is it a good source of protein, but it also contains heart-healthy fats, B vitamins, niacin, and vitamin E. Tuck peanut butter into a Kong-type toy to keep your dog busy for hours. Choose raw, unsalted peanut butter.
- 2. Cooked chicken. You can add cooked chicken to his bowl along with his regular meal to add flavor and extra protein to his diet. Chicken is also a good replacement if you’re in a rush without dog food at mealtime.
- 3. Cheese. Cheese is a tasty treat for dogs, provided they are not lactose intolerant, a condition from which a small percentage of dogs suffer. Be sure to watch your dog’s reaction. Opt for low-fat varieties and don’t overfeed your pet, as many cheeses can be high in fat. Cottage cheese is a good option.
- 4. Carrots. Good for your dog’s teeth, carrots are low in calories and high in fiber and beta-carotene/vitamin A.
- 5. Yogurt. Yogurt contains high density of calcium and protein. But choose only yogurts that do not contain artificial sweeteners or added sugars. Yogurts with active bacteria can act as a probiotic and are good for your dog’s digestive system.
- 6. Salmon. Salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acid, responsible for keeping your dog’s coat healthy and shiny, as well as supporting its immune system. Feed your dog cooked salmon, add salmon oil to the food in his bowl, or feed him fish skin that you would otherwise discard.
- 7. Pumpkin. A good source of fiber and beta-carotene/vitamin A, pumpkin can help maintain the health of the canine gastrointestinal tract and can also help a dog with digestive problems.
- 8. Eggs. Cooking an egg for your pet is a great way to increase the amount of protein in his diet. Eggs are also a source of riboflavin and selenium which are easy to digest, and therefore a healthy snack.
- 9. Green beans. Green beans are a great snack for dogs, as they are high in fiber and low in calories. If you buy canned, select the type without salt.
- 10. Apples. Apples help clean debris from a dog’s teeth, helping to freshen his breath. Apples are also a good source of fiber, as well as vitamins A and C. Make sure to remove the seeds and core before giving it to your dog, as they can cause choking.
- 11. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is rich in soluble fiber, which can be especially beneficial for older dogs with bowel irregularity issues. It is also a good alternative for dogs allergic to wheat. You have to cook the oatmeal before serving it to your dog. It does not add any sugar or flavor additives.
These are just a few examples of beneficial human foods for dogs. Remember to experience them in small amounts. If your dog experiences any type of reaction, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Now you know the studies on the best croquettes for dogs according to the Federal Consumer Protection Office (Profeco), and so your pet can have a better diet.
Follow us on Google News, Facebook and Twitter to stay informed with today’s news.