Britain’s Prince Andrew to solve abuse case, donate to accuser’s charity


New York.- prince andrew of Great Britain agreed to settle a lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffrewho said financier Jeffrey Epstein was sex-trafficking her to British royalty when she was 17.

The agreement described in a court filing Tuesday in New York he avoids a trial that would have further embarrassed the monarchy. Ask the prince to do a substantial donation to charity of his accuser and says that he never intended to defame his character.

Attorney David Boies, who represents Giuffre, informed the judge presiding over the case in New York that an agreement in principle was reached and that the lawyers for both parties will request the dismissal of the lawsuit within a month.

Read more: 5-year-old girl is tortured to death: They made her eat dog excrement and pulled out her hair

Andrew’s Lawyer he did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

The letter signed by Boies It said that all the lawyers asked the judge to suspend all deadlines and suspend the case.

Giuffre sued Andrew in August. The American accused British royalty of sexually abusing her while traveling with financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew has strongly denied Giuffre’s allegations and sought to have the suit dismissed.

attached to Boies’s letter there was a statement that read: “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have settled out of court. The parties will file a stipulated dismissal once Ms. Giuffre receives the settlement (the amount of which is not disclosed).

“Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights. prince andrew never intended to defame Ms. Giuffre’s character, and accepts that she has suffered so much as an established victim of abuse as a result of unfair public attacks.”

According to the statement, Prince Andrew acknowledged that Epstein trafficked ‘countless little girls’ for many years and said the prince “regrets his association with Epstein and commends the courage of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.”

He also promised to support victims of sex trafficking as part of his repentance.

the deal The tentative comes weeks after Judge Lewis A. Kaplan last month rejected the prince’s attempt to win a dismissal. anticipation of demandwhich means depositions and other evidence collection could begin.

After what Kaplan ruled, Andrew, who had already retired from royal duties, was stripped of his honorary military titles and roles and leadership of various charities, known as royal patronages. He is also no longer able to use the title “his royal highness of him” in official settings.

The decision was an effort to isolate the house of windsor of the consequences of potentially years of sordid headlines if the lawsuit moved forward.

“With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen,” the palace said, using the prince’s formal title. “The Duke of York will continue to take no public role and is making this case as a private citizen.”

Read More: FBI Warning. This is how criminals swap SIMs to steal millions of dollars

The move came after more than 150 veterans and service members of the military asked the queen who stripped her second son of his military titlessaying he had failed to meet the “highest standards of probity, honesty and honorable conduct” expected of British officers.


Passenger accuses a woman of stealing her DNA during a flight

Source-www.debate.com.mx