The ear piercings in cartilage It is something delicate and the process is painful, so a bander will make the job much easier and will also do it in the shortest possible time, it is also necessary that certain special care be carried out.
It is important clean the area from ear piercings to the cartilage where you’ve been pierced twice a day. One in the morning and one at night. Remember that you should not abuse the cleaning, since you could make the area too wet and cause bacteria and infections. To do this, use a saline solution.
If you want to know more about the trends of piercings in the ears, then AmericanPost.News shares with you the care that is necessary to carry out to avoid an infection in cartilage piercings in the ear.
How long does it take to heal an ear cartilage piercing?
The healing time for one of the cartilage ear piercings can vary from person to person. For ear cartilage (the folded edge at the top of the ear) healing can take 6 to 9 months.
The piercing heals from the outside in. It may look good on the outside but not heal on the inside yet. Professional piercing salons will give you instructions for the care after piercing. These instructions must be followed throughout the healing period.
How to cure the infection of an ear cartilage piercing?
The perichondritis It is an infection in the external ear, specifically, of the skin of the cartilage of the ear. This infection is usually caused by a bacterium called “Pseudomonas aeruginosa” and could develop from ear piercings in cartilage or other types of piercings.
The treatment to be followed is based on the prescription of oral antibiotics in the mildest cases or the administration of intravenous antibiotics in the most severe cases. For the minor piercing infections on soft tissue, perform these steps:
- First wash your hands with soap and water. Next, make a salt solution with 1 cup (0.24 liters) of water and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir until the salt dissolves.
- Do not remove the jewelry from the piercing, dip a bit of cotton in the solution and place it on the affected area.
- Gently pat the affected area dry with a clean tissue or gauze pad.
- Then apply a small amount of over-the-counter antibiotic cream (Neosporin, bacitracin, or others) as directed on the product label.
- Rotate the piercing jewelry a few times to prevent it from sticking to your skin.
- Perform three times a day until the infection improves. Also, make sure your phones are clean and that you change your pillowcase for a clean one every other day.
- If the infection does not improve within three days, seek medical attention.
How to disinfect an ear cartilage piercing?
To disinfect a piercing in the cartilage of the ear, follow these steps:
-Clean your cartilage at least once a day with saline solution and sea salt; if it is before sleeping, better. If you sweat a lot, cleanse everything a couple of times a day, but don’t overdo it, as this can also slow down the healing process.
-Wash your hands and move the piece around in the piercing to loosen anything that has segregated and stuck to the cartilage.
-Use sterile cotton for saline solution and sea salt.
-After applying the mixture, dry carefully. There should not be excess moisture because infections are created there. That’s why sweat is bad, because we want it to stay dry.
-For at least 2 weeks, keep your hair away from the piercing to avoid dirt and its natural oil from damaging it.
-Don’t sleep on that ear and clean the sheets every 4-5 days.
Remember that ear piercings in cartilage are very simple but require special care and if not done, it could cause an infection.
Follow us on Google News, Facebook and Twitter to stay informed with today’s news!