- Chef Fuller Goldsmith dies of cancer
- Won the reality show Chopped Junior (Food Network)
- I was only days away from my 18th birthday
Terrible news invades the world of entertainment and international cuisine, as they report that talented chef Fuller Goldsmith dies of cancer, was a winner on the reality show Chopped Junior (Food Network), and was just a few days away from his 18th birthday. age, according to the People en Español news portal.
The story of this young man was one of ‘struggle’ from the age of 4 when doctors diagnosed him with leukemia. His family had to endure the terrible news and they took all possible strength so that he was happy and could endure all the situations that would come.
HAD A GREAT HEART
But even with all the burden of that disease, the little boy was able to show his good heart and at age 14, when he won the Chopped Junior competition, he gave his $ 10,000 prize to the division of pediatric hematology and oncology at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, TO THE.
The news shook the hearts of those who knew him in Chopped Junior, because beyond the talent he showed, his great heart, sympathy and good humor, they conquered the public and today they mourn his departure, a loss that leaves sadness and pain, but to the time satisfaction of a great human being.
“OUR HEART IS BROKEN”
Despite his youth, his talent in Chopped Junior already allowed him to have a job at the Southern Ale House restaurant in Alabama, where Goldsmith supported his appointment as assistant chef, so they did not miss the opportunity to express their sadness.
“Our heart is broken. SAH’s family lost our beloved and respected Fuller Goldsmith today, ”wrote those responsible on social media. “Fuller fought his entire life. From the age of 4 to the last days of the age of 17, Fuller bravely fought cancer, ”the publication says. Filed Under: Cancer Chef Dies
IT WAS PART OF THE FAMILY
But the restaurant’s management went further and highlighted the great virtue of the young chef who just passed away: “Fuller lived to create delicious dishes and became the little brother of Brett Garner, our executive chef. He spent a lot of time in SAH’s kitchen helping to prepare, serve and create recipes ”.
“We will miss his presence, his smile, his laugh, his back-and-forth banter with Brett, and his determination to fight the aches and pains of a terrible disease. We will miss him, but we will remember him forever. His spirit will remain in SAH for the rest of the time, ”the statement said. Filed Under: Cancer Chef Dies
Cancer chef dies: “WE ARE DESOLATED”
But the restaurant management was not the only one to express sadness, it was precisely the Magical Elves production company that confirmed the death of the young man this Wednesday, after a long fight against cancer that began at 4 years of age.
Through a statement on their official Instagram account, they said the following: “We are devastated after learning of the loss of our ‘Top Chef Junior’ student, Fuller Goldsmith. He was an incredible chef and the strongest child we have ever met. “
“WE GIVE THEM ALL OUR LOVE”
And they added: “From the moment it was introduced to us, we knew it would have an impact on everyone around it and would be a positive force in the world of cooking. To his family, we give all our love as they mourn the loss of someone truly special. “
All these years were not easy for the young Fuller Goldsmith, who along with his family gained strength to be able to face leukemia, which little by little was deteriorating his health, but in his courage to continue with his career as a chef, which kept it current and with illusions. Filed Under: Cancer Chef Dies
ANNOUNCED YOUR TREATMENT
However, since February this year, the chef explained on social networks that he had undergone radiation for the fifth time, with the aim of improving his health. “Unfortunately, the news about the tumor was not what I expected. The same leukemia has returned ”.
“The plan is to start proton radiation at UAB as soon as possible… hopefully within the next two weeks. I will have 12 days of radiation and then more chemotherapy to make sure it is gone once and for all. Round 5 I’m ready to fight, “he said at the time. Filed Under: Cancer Chef Dies
DIE WHEN FALLING IN POT
However, this is not the first case of a chef killed this year, since months ago it was reported that the death of a young chef was announced, who died because he suffered severe burns in 70% of his body , when he was preparing a chicken broth at a party in Iraq where he was requested.
The chef named Issa Ismail was of Iraqi origin and was only 25 years old, when he lost his life because he fell in a boiling pot of food, which he himself was preparing at a party where his services were required, in his native country Iraq, according to the TV Azteca portal. Filed Under: Cancer Chef Dies
Cancer chef dies: BURNS
The events took place in the “Hazel” event hall, located in the Zakho district, Dohuk governorate, Iraq. The young man suffered several burns in various parts of his body, which would later cause his death despite having been transferred to the hospital.
It was the father of the late young chef Muhammad Ismail, who explained how his son died in this strange event that occurred at a party. He mentions that his son slipped and fell into a large boiling point, causing severe burns, and five days later he could not bear the injuries and died.
Chef dies of cancer: EXPERIENCE
Issa Ismail had 8 years of experience as a chef, preparing food for different parties where required, mentioned the relatives of the 25-year-old, who lost his life in a rather strange way, generating great commotion in his native Iraq.
“The deceased… cooked food at weddings, mourning tables, and various ceremonies, and for two years has been working in two-party halls for 25,000 [comensales] per day, “were the words of one of the relatives who was quite affected by the situation, according to the New York Post.
Chef dies of cancer: TRADITION
It is worth mentioning that the pot where the chef died, which was large, is part of a tradition in the Middle East, where at weddings or some festivity, there are a large number of guests, therefore the cooks have to prepare the food in a container. curiously big
In fact, something similar happened in Paraguay in 2019, when a chef named Cristián Fernando Rojas also died from the burns he suffered when he was working in a restaurant located in the city of Encarnación, Itapúa department, according to TV Azteca.