Child sex offender dies in Texas court after guilty verdict after ingesting “water”


Edward Leclair, 57, died after ingesting a liquid that authorities thought was water at a court hearing.

Photo: Frisco Police Department/Courtesy

A Texas man accused of sexually abusing minors died shortly after he was found guilty Thursday after ingesting a liquid at a court hearing.

Edward Leclair, 57, died after ingesting a liquid that authorities thought was water.

As the verdict was read, he drank a bottle of water I had on the attorney table,” Denton County Assistant District Attorney Jamie Beck told CNN.

“Our researcher noticed that he drank the waterBeck recounted. “The (investigator) told the bailiff that he should inspect it. The agent did. He was unconscious in the holding cell,” he added.

“Shortly after he entered the cell, started vomiting, and they called the emergency services, ”Beck detailed. It is not clear what substance was contained in the water.

The man received emergency court treatment before being transferred to a hospital by ambulance. The inmate was pronounced dead at Medical City Denton Hospital at about 3:21 pm An autopsy should establish the cause of death.

Leclair was convicted of five counts of sexual abuse to a victim. She was out on bail until the hearing.

Source-eldiariony.com