Photo: Gabriel Aponte/Getty Images
The current champion of Colombia shook off the bad moment they have in their league tournament to debut in the Copa Libertadores with a 2-0 win at home against the always powerful Argentine Boca Juniors. Deportivo Cali assumes the leadership of Group E on the first day.
Cali grew up and against all odds became strong in Palmaseca, his home. The first goal came in the 70th minute with an accurate header from Argentine Guillermo Burdisso, who complied with the inexorable law of the former by taking advantage of deflecting a center-shot to the right.
Boca was blurred and accused the innumerable casualties by sanction. They were barely able to generate a single dangerous chance in 90 minutes and in total they finished off four times on goal. The approach of the Azucarero team was not different, which without being showy in the field did show off being forceful against a multiple Libertadores champion.
The second goal came at minute 80′ with an elaborate play from the left that Jhon Vásquez finished with a shot placed, impossible for Agustín Rossi to stop.
Deportivo Cali marches in box 19 of the Colombian Opening Tournament with 12 points in 14 dates, its coach Rafael Dudamel is on the tightrope to be dismissed from his position and this triumph against Boca renewed his credit. Now they are leaders of their group in the Copa Libertadores together with the Bolivian team Always Ready.
- Brazil continues its dominance and secures a place in the finals of the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana
- Guillermo Ochoa took away value from Concacaf football: “Memo” asks to return to the Copa Libertadores
- Official memes: Corinthians made fun of Boca Juniors on social networks after eliminating him from the Copa Libertadores [Foto]
The historic striker Teófilo Gutiérrez led the times of his team and commanded the triumph of Cali against Boca, in the midst of a delicate moment for Colombian football after the elimination of the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
The last time that Deportivo Cali beat Boca Juniors was on April 6, 2001 and Rafael Dudamel was the goalkeeper of the coffee team. Now, the Venezuelan led in the new Cali victory over the Xeneize team
You may also like:
– “In love with your story since prehistory”: Koke responds indignantly to Guardiola
– River Plate modifies the name of the ‘Monumental’ after a sponsorship agreement with a supermarket chain
– Social outbreak and curfew in Lima would not affect River Plate playing against Alianza Lima in Copa Libertadores
– Video: a furious Benfica fan threw a stick at Colombian Luis Díaz after Liverpool 1-3