Debanhi Escobar’s body will be exhumed for a third autopsy


A march to ask for justice after the death of Debanhi Escobar, in Nuevo León, Mexico.

Photo: JULIO CESAR AGUILAR / AFP / Getty Images

The undersecretary of Federal Security, Ricardo Mejía Berdeja, reported this Thursday that the body of Debanhi Susana Escobar, found in a cistern of a hotel in Nuevo León, will be exhumed for a third autopsy.

As part of the morning press conference of Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, Mejía Berdeja explained that it will be the prosecutor’s office of said state that will request the control judge that the body that is buried in a pantheon in the rural municipality of Galeana be removed. .

“We inform that last Saturday, May 21, an inter-institutional meeting on the case was held at the Institute of Forensic Sciences of the Superior Court of Justice of Mexico City, it was a meeting where the different expert reports and the information with which they were collected were analyzed. account,” said the undersecretary.

“By consensus between institutions, it was determined, to give greater certainty to the causes that caused Debanhi’s death, to carry out the exhumation of the body to carry out the necessary forensic investigations and expert reports. Accordingly, the Nuevo León Attorney General’s Office will ask the control judge to exhume the victim’s body, in order to standardize forensic criteria on the cause of death,” he added.

The remains of the 18-year-old girl were recovered on April 21 in the cistern of the Nueva Castilla Motel, after having been seen alive for the last time on the morning of the 9th of that month.

The young woman took a taxi alone that had been ordered by some friends after attending a party with them in Escobedo.

The first autopsy performed on Debanhi’s body showed that this died of a deep skull contusion.

However, the second autopsy commissioned by the victim’s family due to deficiencies in the prosecution’s investigation revealed that the blow was not accidental.

Forensic studies also confirmed the Debanhi’s parents suspect that the girl was rapeddetail that does not mention the first results.

In the middle of this month, Mario Escobar, father of the victim, thundered against the newspaper El País of Spain and the host Azucena Uresti of the Milenio group for disclosing the information about the second autopsy that he understood should be kept private for the time being.

It may interest you:

President of Mexico agrees to clarify the murder of Debanhi Escobar after leaking the results of the second autopsy

Source-eldiariony.com