Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network is a process that millions of people carry out daily to access the Internet either from their cell phones or from their computers. To do this, in most cases, they must enter passwords corresponding to their respective networks, however, there is an alternative.
To enter a Wi-Fi network with a password, it is not essential to know the password beforehand. The reason for this is that the routers themselves have a feature called WPS that was designed to make the process easy so users don’t have to remember complex passwords every time they go online.
The purpose of the WPS button is that by simply pressing it, people can connect devices to the wireless Internet network without having to enter the network password. In this way it is possible to save time and avoid connection errors in case of entering the password incorrectly.
Nevertheless, one of the cons of this mechanism is that the person must have physical access to the router otherwise it will not be possible to establish the connection with the network and therefore connect to the Internet.
Here we explain how this function works and how you can connect to a Wi-Fi network in a matter of seconds without needing the password:
1. The first step to be able to connect to a Wifi network using the WPS function is enter the settings menu of the phone from which the person wants to access the Internet.
Afterwards you must access the Wi-Fi area and then the configuration menu where you can see a button identified as “WPS Connection” on which you should click.
2. After doing the previous step the phone will go into a search mode and prompt the user to proceed to press the WPS button on the router. At this time, the person will have to do what the phone tells them to do and press the aforementioned button.
3. Once the button is pressed, two scenarios can occur. The first of them is that the phone recognizes the signal and automatically connects to the Internet or request an access pin.
The pin is provided by the manufacturer of the router and can be found among the information manuals that come with the equipment inside its box.
This may also interest you:
– Step by step how to configure a router to have the highest possible connection speed
– What is the USB port of the routers for?
– 4 tricks to increase the WiFi signal in your home