Monkeypox is attacking the entire planet, That is why citizens from all over the world must take a series of preventive measures so as not to get infected.
Being a zoonotic infection that was first detected in monkeys, in recent months it has been spreading on land outside its place of origin, this being the reason why there is still confusion.
In Mexico alone, 91 cases of monkeypox have already been confirmed in 15 different entities, as we informed you in AmericanPost.News.
How to prevent monkeypox according to WHO?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has several recommendations to reduce the risk of people contracting the disease. monkeypox, Some of these suggestions are:
- Limit direct contact with infected people or people under review for suspected infection.
- Do not have contact with animals that could be infected.
- Periodically clean and disinfect environments that could become infected.
- Stay informed about smallpox cases in the area where you live.
- Discuss your symptoms openly with your sexual partners.
- Immediately isolate yourself if you suspect you are infected and seek medical advice.
It may interest you: Do you really know everything related to monkeypox?
How is monkeypox spread?
Monkeypox spreads through direct contact with the skin rashes of those infected, whether they are: animals or humans. Of course, you can also get monkeypox through sex but not because it is a sexually transmitted disease, but because of the rose of the bodies and the uncrusted blisters.
Last but not least, care must also be taken with the clothes and objects that the patients used while they were infected, this list includes electrical appliances, furniture, hygiene items and clothes.
Consequences of monkeypox
if it gives you monkeypox, the consequences you will have will be sores and injuries throughout the body, as well as fever, headache, muscle aches, back pain, lack of energy, and swollen lymph nodes.
Follow us on Google News, Facebook and Twitter to stay informed with today’s news!
Follow us on our Instagram account