There are different types of pots, but probably the most elegant are those made of copper. Here are some practical tips if you have this type of utensils and don’t know how to clean their bases.
Copper pots or pans stand out not only for their elegance but also because they are suitable for heat diffusers, which cause high temperatures to be reached quickly during the preparation of dishes.
However, this utensil tends to get stained frequently, so it is necessary to clean it properly. Here we offer some recommendations that will be very useful for you.
When do you know you need to clean your copper pots and pans?
There are several indicators that it is necessary to clean your copper cookware:
- Visible dirt or grime: If you can see dirt or grime on the surface of your copper pots and pans, it’s time to clean them.
- Staining or discoloration: If you notice any staining or discoloration on your copper pots and pans, this could signify that they need to be cleaned.
- Loss of shine: Copper naturally has a shiny finish, so if your pots and pans have lost their shine, it’s time to give them a good cleaning to restore their luster.
- Corrosion: If you notice any corrosion on your copper pots and pans, this is a sign that they need to be cleaned and polished.
The trick to cleaning copper pots and pans
To cleanse the copper foundations of pots and pans, we will utilize household products such as dish soap, salt, vinegar, and baking soda. Follow the prescribed steps and assess their efficacy.
- Pour dishwashing liquid into the bottom of the pan or pot and stir with a sponge.
- Add a handful of salt to the base of the utensils.
- Add baking soda and spread it all over the surface
- Fold a paper towel and place it on top of the bottom of the utensil.
- Spray white vinegar with the help of a spray bottle and let it rest for ten minutes
- After a time, discover the paper and carve the base of the pan with the same paper.
- Remove the paper and use a microfiber cloth to continue carving. Do this procedure for a few minutes.
There are several reasons why it’s essential to clean your copper pots and pans:
There are numerous justifications for the importance of cleaning your copper cookware:
- Hygiene: Copper pots and pans can harbor bacteria if not cleaned properly. Regular cleaning helps prevent germs’ buildup and keeps your pots and pans hygienic.
- Aesthetics: Copper pots and pans can become discolored or lose their shine over time, especially if they are not cleaned regularly. Cleaning your pots and pans helps to maintain their appearance and keep them looking shiny and new.
- Performance: If your copper pots and pans are dirty or greasy, they may not perform as well as they should. For example, food may stick to the surface or take longer to cook. Regular cleaning helps to ensure that your pots and pans are in good condition and perform at their best.
- Longevity: Copper is a relatively soft metal that can be easily damaged by abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbing. By cleaning your pots and pans gently and using non-abrasive cleaners, you can help to extend their lifespan.
Overall, cleaning your copper pots and pans regularly helps to keep them hygienic, attractive, and in good working order, which is vital for any home cook.
Here is a video with more ways to clean your copper cookware: