Today we all want to eat healthier and enjoy a healthy weight, while still enjoying the delights of life. For those who live with sweet cravings we have good news, recently one of the world’s most famous nutritionists Leanne Ward originally from Australia, shared a unbeatable recipe for peanut butter and chocolate bars. Which are full of benefits: they are nutritious, highly energetic and are made with just 4 simple ingredients.
According to Ward’s statements, it is one of his most famous and favorite recipes of all time. It is one of your basics to stay in shape, perform more in the day and physical activity, without stopping enjoy an exceptional sweet treat. Best of all, it takes up 4 ingredients that we all often have in the pantry, you can also prepare a large block, portion into cubes and always keep on hand in the fridge.
To make these amazing energy bars at home, you will need: crunchy peanut butter (you can also use some nut butter), honey or maple syrup, oatmeal flakes and some dark chocolate chips. Best of all? Will be ready in just 15 minutes and after a few hours in refrigeration they will be firm and accessible at all times.
It is an inexpensive recipe, too practical, free of processed and that the whole family will love. Bet on using ingredients of the best quality and without added sugars or fats (especially when choosing peanut butter and chocolate) to really get all their nutritional and therapeutic benefits. A square is the perfect snack for before exercising, for afternoon cravings and for those days when you feel low on energy.
How to prepare the peanut butter and chocolate bars?
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup or two tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1.25 cups of rolled oats
- 200 grams of dark chocolate chips
1. Cover a tray with parchment paper.
2. In medium microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and honey, heat in 15-20 second increments until warm and slightly thick (about 40-60 seconds total).
3. Add the oat flakes, mix carefully and with the help of a spatula add the pasta to the baking sheet (try to make it as high as possible).
4. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave and pour over the mixture. If desired, sprinkle chopped peanuts or sliced almonds.
5. Refrigerate for then a few hours, until completely hardened.
6. Cut into small pieces and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
It may interest you: