An Idaho lottery player went to collect a prize that he thought was only $1,000, but was totally taken aback when the workers who were going to give him the money began to get overly excited.. And it is that the player had won a bigger prize… much bigger.
Idaho lottery staff said the cattle didn’t understand why they were so excited to give away a prize of just $1,000. So they explained to him that the ticket for the game ‘Queen of Hearts Scratch’ actually said that a prize of $100,000 had been won.
“Once we let him know that he won a six-figure amount on this ticket, he called his partner to share the news only for his partner not to believe him,” authorities said, according to The News & Observer.
Lottery officials said they printed out a giant check so the winner could use it to take a selfie and send the image to their partner as proof.
The winner did not reveal what he plans to spend his $100,000 prize on..
You may also like:
– Texas man thought he won $20,000 in the lottery, but the prize was actually $20 million
– North Carolina man felt the urge to play the lottery and ended up with a $1 million dollar prize
–A single store in Massachusetts sold six lottery tickets worth $100,000 each
– Two people claimed the $1.337 million Mega Millions jackpot and agreed to split the money
– North Carolina man went almost a month without checking his lottery ticket and had won $25,000 a year for life
– Texas man thought he won $500 in Powerball, but when he went to cash out he was told the prize was $100,000