- Sad news in the world of Mexican boxing
- Boxer Erik Morales, better known as “Terrible” Morales, loses his son at 23 years of age
- “God take care of you and have you in his glory,” he expressed on social networks
As if it were a sad coincidence with the nickname that has made him famous in the world of boxing, Erik Terrible Morales shared a ‘terrible’ news on his social networks: his son, José Fernando Morales Anaya, unfortunately lost his life at only 23 years old.
With a series of images, which caused the followers of the Mexican boxer to show their support in these difficult moments, Morales shared this tragic event without going into more detail about the causes that ended the young man’s life. Rest in peace…
What will happen to the next Erik Terrible Morales fight?
It was in early November that it was announced that 45-year-old Erik Terrible Morales would hold an exhibition fight against Orlando “Siri” Salido on December 17 at the Rodeo Arena in Mesquite, Texas. Part of the proceeds from this event will go to support amateur boxing.
With the news of the death of the boxer’s son, it is not known if this fight will continue or will be rescheduled. It should be remembered that last year, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, the two boxers joined forces and donated money “to help Mexico in the fight against this disease.”
An outstanding professional career
Born on September 1, 1976 in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, Erik Terrible Morales is the first Mexican fighter to win world championships in four divisions: super bantamweight, featherweight, super featherweight and super lightweight. Also, he was WBC and WBO world champion in super bantamweight, WBC featherweight, WBC and IBF super featherweight and WBC super lightweight.
As if that were not enough, the boxer faced 19 world champions, of which he was able to defeat 16 of them. He achieved legendary status due to the trilogy of fights with the champion in three divisions Marco Antonio Barrera and with the champion in eight divisions Manny Pacquiao.
“May God take care of you and keep you in his glory”: Erik Terrible Morales
In the early hours of today, the Mexican boxer shared an image on his official Instagram account, where he has just over 90 thousand followers, in which he appears with his son, to whom he says: “I love you, my Fer May God take care of you and keep you in his glory ”.
Mexican singer Yahir was one of the first personalities to react to this news: “I am very sorry … Blessings and a lot of strength for the whole family”, while goalkeeper Gibrán Lajud, who plays for the Santos Laguna Warriors, commented: ” A lot of strength, champion. My deepest condolences. Rest in peace”.
The Mexican boxer is devastated after the death of his “little boy”
It did not take long for Erik Terrible Morales to upload another image in which he can be seen in his youth hugging his little one the day he received the sacrament of baptism: Destroyed, the Mexican boxer wrote the following: “My little boy was only 23 years”.
Now, Eddie “Piolín” Sotelo, host of El Show de Piolín, did not hesitate to show his support for the boxer: “Champion, we ask God to give you strength”, while the Mexican singer and actress Sheyla limited herself to sharing the emoji of a sad face. Entrepreneur Chico López said: “My condolences, champion. May God be near you ”.
Erik Terrible Morales mourns the death of “Ferny”
A few hours later, Morales uploaded a collage showing his son, José Fernando Morales Anaya, affectionately called “Ferny,” at different stages of his life. On Twitter, different personalities reacted to this news, such as the singer Julio Preciado: “My condolences and a solidarity hug. Rest in peace your dear son ”.
For his part, the Mexican boxer Jorge El Travieso Arce exclaimed the following: “My dear champs, I did not know what happened, but I send you a hug with all my affection, may God enlighten you on this dark day and give you comfort, my deepest condolences”. Tragic news (Filed Under: Mexican boxer Erik Terrible Morales loses his son at 23).
Julio César Chávez tests positive for coronavirus
Former boxer Julio César Chávez tested positive for Covid-19. The company promoting the play “Los commandmentos de un hombre ching…”, in which Chávez participates with the actors Jorge Van Rankin and Roberto Palazuelos, decided to postpone the tour due to the contagion of the former Mexican champion.
“We inform you that a couple of days ago, the champion Julio César Chávez gave a positive result to Covid-19, that is why we have made the prudent decision to postpone the national tour that we have scheduled these days, since we are following the health protocols that are indicated to us. Julio César Chávez’s health condition is asymptomatic, which is very favorable, he is strong and with treatment at home ”.
Bad news for the former Mexican boxer
“Always with the great sense of humor that has characterized him, enthusiastic and very optimistic. In order to give him a margin of recovery, as indicated by the doctors, as well as to offer our attending public and members of the production a maximum environment of sanitary protection “.
“The tour will resume its dates in February 2022”, can be read in the statement from IN HOUSE Entertainment. A few days ago, former Mexican boxer Julio César Chávez was present at the World Boxing Council meeting that was held in Mexico City.
An excess of sweetness and quality
Julio César Chávez met Sugar Ray Leonard and there was a tremendous exchange: compliments! Within the framework of the annual convention of the World Boxing Council, between smiles and hugs, the American legend was surprised by the physical form in which the Grand Mexican Champion is, who presumed that he trains daily and weighs 67 kilos, the limit of welterweights.
The meeting was broadcast on social networks by both César del box and the organization: “If you have problems loading this video it is because it has too much quality,” the World Boxing Council (WBC) noted in its publication. With information from Agencia Reforma …
Mexican boxer Saúl Canelo Álvarez gives cancer a ‘hook’
The Mexican boxer Saúl Canelo Álvarez scored another altruistic knockout, by donating one million pesos to children with cancer! “Thank you Canelo for time and time again that you have opened your heart to the champions who fight against cancer,” published the Red Nose association on Twitter, which the boxer from Guadalajara shared.
The Jalisco association, founded in 2009, will use the money donated by the undisputed champion of 168 pounds, to buy chemotherapies. Canelo has been known for making donations to different foundations. A few days ago, at the annual convention of the World Boxing Council, Floyd Mayweather assured that for him Saúl Álvarez is not the best pound for pound of today.
Canelo now wants the Crucero scepter
Saúl Canelo Álvarez does not know the limits and now he intends to take over the Cruiserweight division to continue making history in Mexican boxing. Álvarez’s sights (57-1-2, 39 KO’s) for May 2022 is to challenge the Crucero monarch of the World Boxing Council, the Congolese Ilunga Makabu (28-2, 25 KO’s).
The man from Guadalajara is already aiming for this new challenge when he has just emerged as the undisputed Super Middleweight champion by adding the four titles in that division. Canelo said in Las Vegas that he was waiting for the new occurrence of Eddy Reynoso, and it was already known which one it is (With information from Agencia Reforma). (Filed Under: Mexican Boxer Erik Terrible Morales Loses Son At 23).