Prosecutor’s Office assures that Debanhi Escobar was still alive when she fell into a motel cistern in Nuevo León, Mexico


Women marched last week in Monterrey, Nuevo León, to demand justice after the death of Debanhi Escobar.

Photo: JULIO CESAR AGUILAR / AFP / Getty Images

Debanhi Escobar, found dead in a hotel cistern in Nuevo León, Mexico, was alive when she fell into the grave, revealed Eduardo Villagómez, coordinator of the Forensic Medicine service of the State Attorney General’s Office.

“Because of the place and what we found, the girl fell still alive. Where she was found, she was alive and there was still an opportunity to react, ”said the official at a conference on Wednesday.

Prosecutor assures that Debanhi Escobar was still alive when he fell into the motel cistern

The expert insisted that the young woman died of “deep skull contusion.” According to forensic studies, Escobar had been deceased between 5 days and two weeks.

The attorney general of Nuevo León, Gustavo Adolfo Guerrero Gutiérrez, indicated, however, that the foregoing is one of many hypotheses that will be clarified through scientific evidence.

The The 18-year-old’s family has requested a second autopsy in the face of doubts about the veracity of the first forensic findings.

The results of the second necropsy will be revealed on Thursday.

Debanhi’s relatives and legal advisers argued last week that the young woman had been a victim of sexual abuse.

“The family is not satisfied with the results, we want more studies, we have enough material to continue with the studies, for a second expert opinion,” Omar Tamez, a member of the non-governmental organization International Human Rights Commission, told the media at the time. Humans.

On this aspect, the Prosecutor’s Office did not elaborate in the exchange yesterday with the press.

Authorities continue to review videos from the area. and they keep comparing the information. “We have not concluded, we have to put together the puzzle with what we have and what is obtained,” said the prosecutor.

The investigation seeks to determine, not only if the young woman was sexually assaulted, but also if she was murdered or it was an accident.

Debanhi disappeared on April 9 after leaving a party in a country house in Escobedo, to which she had attended with two friends.

The girls left the party earlier in the middle of differences with Debanhi, who later left the place in a taxi ordered by the other two.

However, in the middle of the journey, the young woman asked the driver to let her out. The reasons are unknown. But the taxi driver claimed that Debanhi was not in his five senses, and that when he got off on the so-called “highway of death” from Laredo to Monterrey, he was going to vomit.

The taxi driver, who took the viral photo in which Debanhi appears alone on the side of the road, denied that he had sexually abused the girl.

It may interest you:

Taxi driver of the car Debanhi Escobar got into denies having abused her; new video shows the girl running to the Nueva Castilla motel

Source-eldiariony.com