Due to the celebrations by New Year, before the pyrotechnics, burning bonfires and other materials it was announced that the Commission Environmental of the Megalopolis activated the preventive phase in CDMX and Edomex.
According to the CAMe, at 8:00 a 24-hour moving average of 178 and 174 micrograms per cubic meter of PM10 particles was reached.
This in the stations that are in Villa de las Flores in the municipality of Coacalco de Berriozábal and in Tultitlán in the municipality of Tultitlán.
The Commission detailed that the Northwest Zone of the Valley of Mexico has high levels of pollution as a result of different types of burns, which affect the air and environmental conditions.
Let’s remember that a few days ago in AmericanPost.News We tell you that the environmental contingency in the Valley of Mexico was suspended.
Areas with preventive phase
In order to reduce the exposure of citizens to polluted air and avoid health effects, the Megalopolis Environmental Commission indicated that the preventive phase will be applied in the following places:
- The Mayor Gustavo A. Madero
- Coacalco de Berriozábal
- Ecatepec de Morelos
- Saint Martin of the Pyramids
Preventive phase recommendations
In order to protect the population, the following recommendations were issued to minimize the damage that could occur:
- If you have air conditioning in your home or car, use it in “recirculation” mode, as well as keep doors and windows closed.
- To reduce the generation and exposure of particulate matter when indoors, do not light candles or burn wood, charcoal, or other materials.
- Do not burn materials or waste, including burns carried out for training and personnel training.
- Reduce the use of the private vehicle and use the public transport service.
- Report any type of fire immediately to the corresponding authorities.
The authorities will issue an informative bulletin with the meteorological conditions and air quality of the zones, so the authorities they ask citizens to stay informed.
Follow us on Google News, Facebook and Twitter to stay informed.