Photo: Alexsander-777 / Pixabay
In July, the California Congress approved a bill that will allow sending a second round of stimulus checks starting this Friday, August 27, although most of the support will arrive between September 1 and October 15 according to the Franchise Tax Board.
California’s second stimulus check it will only reach people who were not supported during the first distribution cycle.
Governor Gavin Newsom has insisted that the second check should cover 78% of taxpayers and that it will benefit two out of every three residents.
The groups that will receive the second stimulus check
In order to qualify for this second round of the California stimulus check, residents must meet different requirements to receive the $ 600.
Requirements to receive the second stimulus check in California:
- Have a Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) less than $ 75,000 for fiscal year 2020
- Have been state resident for at least half of the year 2020.
- Be a resident of the state on the date of issuance of paychecks.
- Not have been claimed as a dependent by any other family member or taxpayer, “Dependent” refers to any qualifying child or relative.
- Have filed taxes for the previous year before October 15, 2021.
Related: California Stimulus Check: Calculate How Much Money You Will Get
Nevertheless, Also excluded from the paycheck are those whose income comes from any other aid, including unemployment, disability insurance (SDI), Veterans Administration disability insurance, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), State Supplemental Payment (SSP), Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) and CalWorks.
You may be interested in the following news: