Six employees from Black Royce bar are arrested in connection to the death of businessman Iñigo Arenas Saiz

Six bar employees face arrest after Iñigo Arenas Saiz's death in Polanco; investigation spans State of Mexico and Mexico City.

At least six people were arrested for being linked to the death of businessman Iñigo Arenas Saiz who was found on Monday after having been missing for two days after visiting the República nightclub in the Polanco neighborhood in the Miguel Hidalgo district.

The legal representative of the entertainment center, Francisco Marco Pinzón, said in a TV interview for En Punto that 6 employees of the Black Royce bar located in the municipality of Naucalpan in the State of Mexico were arrested. This is where Arenas Saiz went after being ejected from the Polanco nightclub due to his impaired condition, as mentioned by Javier Díaz, a Twitter user connected with the nightclub in the capital.

A video captured when Iñigo Arenas left the nightclub in Polanco. Photo: File

The detainees will give their statement

Marco Pinzón reported that Iñigo Arenas arrived at the bar around 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 6, in a taxi. The businessman appeared intoxicated, and by around 5:00 a.m., Arenas Saiz began expressing that he felt unwell.

All the arrested individuals were staff members of the Mexiquense bar present on the night of Iñigo Arenas’s death. The 6 detainees, including the head waiter, have been taken in to provide their accounts of the incident, which will aid in the ongoing investigation and establish any accountability.

They helped Iñigo Arenas until he stopped moving

According to Pinzón, when Arenas Saiz began feeling unwell, they offered him water and monitored his condition. “He started to feel a little off, so we let him rest and sleep. By 7:00 in the morning, the staff realized he wasn’t moving”, shared Francisco Marco Pinzón, who further elaborated: “Then one of our senior staff tried to resuscitate him, providing first aid. Unfortunately, there was no response,” said Pinzón.

The investigation into this tragic incident is jointly overseen by the Attorney General’s Office of the State of Mexico and their equivalent in Mexico City. However, details about which agency was responsible for the arrests were not provided.