Photo: STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images
WhatsApp is the benchmark when it comes to messaging applications and part of this is due to the fact that it has been able to adapt and evolve over the years by offering new functions that make life easier for its users.
Nevertheless, between so many updates sometimes extremely interesting functions can be left aside because users are unaware that they exist. Such is the case of the possibility of customizing WhatsApp notifications for to be able to identify when a specific contact has sent us a message.
This feature, which can be particularly useful for many users, only takes a few seconds to configure to your liking.
Here we explain how you can do it from your mobile phone:
1. The first step you must follow is enter the application and access the chat of the contact or group you want to modify the notification tone.
two. Click on the name of the contact or group located at the top of your computer screen.
3. At this moment you will find a menu with multiple options, now you must press the button that reads “customize notifications”.
4. This will take you to the WhatsApp notification panel for that specific chat. To activate this function you only have to check the corresponding boxwhich is currently the only one you can interact with.
5. By checking the box all the parameters you can configure will be unlocked from this menu. This includes aspects such as the notification tone, the vibration of the phone, the color of the light that will be displayed on your cell phone if you have a notification LED.
6. In this case you must enter the notification tone section which is located first among the menu options.
7. Upon entering you must navigate through the list of ringtone options that your phone has. Once you have selected a tone you will have to press on it to mark it and automatically save it as your selection.
8. If you wish, you can also choose to change the type of vibration that your phone performs when receiving a message or call from that particular contact.
This may also interest you:
– WhatsApp will stop working on some cell phones as of May 31, 2022: what are they
– Whatsapp could allow creating surveys in its next update
– WhatsApp: why a star appears in messages and what it means