Photo: Brett Jordan / Unsplash
Hiding the list of friends on Facebook can be an alternative to improve privacy and protect our personal information. Both in its application for mobile phones and in its web version, the configuration of this social network allows these types of restrictions to be adjusted, limiting the display of our friendships with other users and our list of followers and followed.
Although the most common is that the list of friends is public or visible to friends within Facebook, there is also a setting that hides it completely and that can be carried out by following these steps:
1. Enter the Facebook profile to click on the configuration button that is arranged in the upper right corner. It is accompanied by the one used to check notifications and the one that leads to Facebook Messenger conversations.
2. By clicking the button, a menu with several options will be displayed, among which is “Settings and privacy”, arranged for this type of adjustment. Click on this option.
3. Once you click on said option, the menu changes and becomes more specific, showing new options. The next step is to press the “Settings” option that will appear among the first.
4. Thus, the privacy settings are accessed and the screen changes completely to show the general information of the account, accompanied by a whole bar of options arranged on the left. Among those options, you must locate “Privacy” and click on it.
5. By clicking on “Privacy”, you access the “Settings and privacy tools” and, therefore, to the “Privacy shortcuts”, where you will find the option “Manage your profile”. To continue, you must access the latter.
6. “Manage your profile” redirects to what appears to be a Facebook profile view, but with all the options to modify the privacy of the information that is displayed daily. At this point, all the usual tabs appear with a three-dot button in the upper right corner. The “Friends” tab must be located and click on said button to display the “Edit privacy” option.
7. When you access “Edit privacy”, a central menu appears with the options associated with friends and followers. The first one corresponds to the list of friends and has a button on the right associated with the display setting that you want to modify.
8. By clicking on the setting button on the right, you can choose between various privacy options for the friends list on Facebook. When the desire is to hide it completely, the option “Only me” should be checked. In this way, the viewing of both the general public and all friends within the social network is restricted.
You may also like: Step by step, how to open a commercial or business Facebook page