One more reason to love turmeric root, one of the oldest and most valued medicinal spices in the field of naturopathic medicine today: its properties to improve the functioning of the digestive system. While there are many ways to successfully integrate turmeric into your daily diet, it has recently been shown that in particular the consumption of Turmeric milk is a powerful natural remedy to combat constipation and reduce abdominal inflammation.
By now we all know that diet can be the best or worst ally of health. Not for nothing in recent months, various nutrition trends have focused on recommending the consumption of foods that shine for their medicinal properties, and turmeric root has become one of the star products. And it is that it is a spice full of healing benefits, which are related in principle to its content in an active compound called curcumin. And that is responsible for its vibrant yellow color and also its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
For thousands of years, turmeric root has been used as a natural remedy to treat various health conditions primarily for its power to combat chronic pain and inflammation. That is why it has been used as an ally to combat joint pain, improve liver function and reduce the risk of cancer. It has also been linked to benefits in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar, protecting cardiovascular health, reducing anxiety, strengthening the immune system, and improving digestion.
What are the benefits of turmeric milk for the digestive system?
Chronic indigestion, also known as dyspepsia, is characterized by pain and discomfort in the upper part of the stomach. Delayed stomach emptying is a potential cause of indigestion. Scientific research indicates that turmeric can help reduce indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, excess gas, inflammation, and heaviness. Turmeric can also improve fat digestion by increasing bile production by up to 62%.
Also, it is known that recurring consumption of turmeric milk can help maintain proper digestion and prevent flare-ups in people with ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory digestive disorder that causes ulcers in the intestine. The truth is that turmeric milk It is a great dietary addition to reduce any inflammatory process that occurs at the digestive level, the secret of success of course is in the constancy.
Turmeric milk used in Ayurvedic medicine as a digestive healing agent. Current Western medicine has begun to study how turmeric can help reduce intestinal inflammation and improve intestinal permeability, two measures of digestive efficiency. Among the top answers in science are its powerful organic compounds, which give it unique antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it is known that its recurrent consumption is a great ally for intestinal health. The main reason is that it feeds the good gut bacteria, that is why it also enhances immune health. By improving the microbiota, the intestinal tract is activated in a positive way and gradually it is possible to combat chronic constipation.
How to prepare turmeric milk?
- 1 teaspoon of Ghee
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns (crushed into powder)
- Nutmeg and ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Heat the ghee in a skillet, add the spices and mix well over very low heat for a minute.
- Add the milk and dissolve well, until there are no lumps of the spices. Allow it to boil very lightly.
- Serve and consume immediately.
– It is a good natural remedy to start the day with a warm and comforting drink. In addition, it is of great help to reduce the risk of digestive disorders throughout the day.
– You can also drink a cup at night, minutes after dinner. Not only is it ideal to relax and rest better, it helps to relax the digestive system.
– Do not forget the importance of adding all the mentioned ingredients: turmeric enzymes are activated in the existence of ghee, and the curcumin in turmeric is properly absorbed in the presence of black pepper that has piperine.
It may interest you: