Turkish soap operas return to Univision with the premiere of “Madre” (“Mother”). After hits like “La Hija del Embajador” and “Amor Eterno”, they will broadcast a story that will emotionally touch the audience.
The little actress Beren Gökyıldız is the protagonist of this story along with Cansu Dere. The followers of the Turkish series will get acumstomed with Beren’s face, since Telemundo broadcasts several productions with the actress, such as “Todo Por Mi Hija” and “Una Casa para Azul”.
- Cansu Dere as Zeynep Gunes
- Vahide Perçin as Gonul Aslan
- Beren Gokyildiz as Melek Akcay
- Gonca Vuslateri as Sule Akcay
- Berkay Ates as Cengiz Yildiz
- Gülenay Kalkan as Cahide Gunes
- Can Nergis as Ali Tezel
- Alize Gördüm as Gamze Gunes
- Ahsen Eroglu as Duru Gunes
- Sükrü Türen as Arif
- Meral Çetinkaya as Zeynep Anne
- Serhat Teoman as Sinan Demir
- Gözde Mukavelat as Serap
- Ali Süreyya Tuncer as Mert
- Safak Baskaya as Tahir
- Other roles: Leyla Okay, Levent Çimen, Safak Baskaya, Selim Aygün
“Mother” revolves around Zeynep (Dere), a young substitute teacher who, upon learning that one of her seven-year-old students, Melek (Gökyıldız), is being abused by her family and is abandoned, takes the decision to take her away and start a new life with her, becoming her new mother.
Univision aired the first promo for “Madre” during the night of the 2021 Latin Grammy Awards. The Latin network did not confirm the premiere date or schedule of the series and the promo only says that it would premiere “very soon.”