Photo: Walmart / Courtesy
Walmart announced that it will hold Wellness Day this Saturday, July 23from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time, where customers can receive free glucose, cholesterol, BMI and blood pressure tests, as well as affordable immunizations against tetanus, hepatitis, HPV, Covid-19 and more at pharmacies across the country.
“Walmart Wellness Day encourages families to get healthy and stay on a healthy path by helping them learn their numbers and then seek care to improve their lifestyles,” the retailer said in a statement to media. “Knowing your numbers is just a start, but additional and useful information allows customers to make decisions and track their health improvement”.
More than 4,600 Walmart pharmacies throughout the country will participate in this event. Some stores will also have vision screenings to make it even easier for customers to access the resources they need.
Walmart Wellness Day events will feature the following health resources, administered by qualified teams of pharmacies and Vision Centers:
– free health screeningsincluding glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, body mass index, and eye exams (select locations).
– affordable vaccinationss, including pneumonia, tetanus, HPV, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chickenpox/shingles), pertussis (TDAP), hepatitis A and B, and more.
– Vaccines against Covid-19 at no cost.
– Wellness resources and the opportunity to speak with pharmacists.
– Vision Care at Walmart Vision Centers.
“An exciting time of year is fast approaching and we look forward to offering these health and wellness resources for families as they prepare for school,” said Kevin Host, Walmart senior vice president of pharmacy. “Wellness Day allows us to continue helping our communities live better, healthier lives through free screenings, affordable immunizations and other solutions. Back-to-school season is a busy one, and here are ways we hope to provide some easy and convenient options for our customers.”.
Walmart pharmacies have hosted Walmart Wellness Days since 2014, contributing more than 4.7 million free health screenings for customers. More than 4,000 Walmart stores are in medically underserved areas, to find a free event in your neighborhood visit Walmart.com/wellnesshub.
You may also like:
– Walmart expands searches in Spanish on its website to improve service to its Latino customers
– Walmart acquires 4,500 electric vehicles to deliver items to homes
– Louisiana woman sues Walmart for $75,000 because an employee hit her with a row of shopping carts